My Power went out. What do I do?
We wanted to let our members know that the most efficient way to report an outage is through TextPower. You are already signed up if your mobile phone number is on your account. If you have a new number, please register that number by calling Member Services at 1-800-552-2118, M-F, 8-5 p.m.
When you experience an outage, text “#out” to 866-878-5514. You only need to do this once per outage.
- This reports an outage to the Outage Management System.
- You will be asked which address has the outage.
- You will choose the address that has the outage.
- You will be sent a text that confirms you have reported your outage.
To get an update with a possible restoration time, text “#status”. Once a crew is assigned, SEC lineworkers will locate the issue and give a more accurate estimate for restoration. Please know that major outages due to a storm can cause a delay in estimated restoration times.
If your power has been restored, texting “#status” will show that information.
- You will receive a text that states Southside Electric Cooperative provides automated outage notifications and more information is available at 1-800-552-2118.
- This will opt out your mobile number from TextPower.
- This will opt your mobile number back into TextPower
What information do I need when calling?
- Physical address where outage has occurred.
- Primary phone number associated with the account.
- Follow the prompts and enter all necessary information
- If neither the physical address nor primary phone number are available; please enter your SEC account number.
Report any other relevant information, such as:
- "A wire is down" or "there’s a tree on the line"
- Any loud noises heard