Jeffrey S. Edwards
President/CEO of SEC, since 2007
President & Chief Executive Officer of Southside Electric Cooperative
- Board member for Old Dominion Electric Cooperative (ODEC)
- Currently serve as Secretary/Treasurer of the Board
- Currently serve as Chairman of the Rates Design Committee
- Past Chairman of the Bylaws and Policies Committee
- Board Member of Tarheel Electric Membership Association (TEMA)
- Board Member of First Citizens Advisory Board, Crewe
- Former Member of the Virginia Rural Center Board
- Former Member of the Virginia Rural Jobs Council
Selected by Albemarle Electric Membership Corporation as Executive Vice President & General Manager (1999 - 2007)
- Concurrently served as Interim Chief Executive Officer for Tideland Electric Membership Corporation in 2000 while serving as Executive Vice President/General Manager at Albemarle
Elected as North Carolina’s Director to the Board of the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) for 3 terms; 2003 – 2007
- Chairman of NRECA’s Education, Research and Training Committee (2004 – 2007)
Board member for North Carolina Electric Membership Corporation (NCEMC); 1999 – 2007
- Vice President of NCEMC Power Supply Committee
- Secretary of the Board of NCEMC
Chairman of the Board for Carolina Electric Cooperatives Self Insurance Fund
Vice Chairman of Diversified Energies
Chairman of Eastern Management Decision Making Group
Began working in the electric cooperative program for Union Electric Membership Corporation as Engineering Aide (1985)
- Promoted to Engineering Assistant (1987)
- Promoted to Director of Operations (1989)
Received Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration from Queens College (1994).
Received Associate in Applied Science Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology from Catawba Valley Technical College (1985).
Former member of the Rotary Club.
Resides in Amelia County.