Electric Cooperative Youth Tour in Washington, D.C.
Application Deadline: Friday, Feb. 7, 2020
Eight students were chosen by a panel of judges to attend the all-expenses-paid trip to the 2020 Electric Cooperative Youth Tour.
More than 1,800 high school juniors representing 44 states go to the nation's capital for five days for the annual Electric Cooperative Youth Tour. Accompanied by more than 250 electric co-op chaperones, the students see the sights and learn about the history of the United States and the electric co-op movement.
The trip includes:
- Visiting Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., where Youth Tour participants will meet with members of Virginia’s congressional delegation and tour the U.S. Capitol building.
- Joining students from across the country in a Youth Day rally.
- Dinner cruise on the Potomac River.
- Attending a Washington Nationals baseball game.
- Sightseeing at iconic U.S. monuments, museums, and much more!
Youth Tour Contestant Rules:
- Any high school junior who lives and attends school (or home school) within SEC’s service area is eligible to apply. Students' parents or guardians do not have to receive electricity from SEC.
- Competition includes filling out an application and participants submitting a written essay of no more than 500 words explaining why you would be a good candidate to represent Southside Electric Cooperative on the Youth Tour in Washington.