Electrical Safety Tips for Kids:
- Always ask a grown-up for help when you need to use something that uses electricity.
- Don't yank or pull cords from a wall. Pulling cords can damage the outlet, the appliance or the plug.
- Ask a grown-up to put safety caps on all unused electrical outlets. This can also help save energy by stopping drafts.
- Keep electrical stuff away from water. Water and electricity don't mix. Most electrical accidents in the home happen when people use electricity near water.
- Watch out for power lines. Never touch a power line, especially if there is one that may have fallen down.